Tuesday, March 01, 2011

hello, march

Once again, it is a new month, full of promise and possibility. Thirty-one {well, now thirty} days lying ahead on my calendar, waiting to be filled. New months are glorious. Welcome, March!

March means a new header {look up!}, a new desktop background for my computer {this one! from free people}, and a new season ushered in {spring! <3}.

Here is a springtime poem to get you in the mood. It's from my story I wrote for Nanowrimo back in November. The story was divided into four parts, one for each season, and each part started off with a poem in this format. This, obviously, is the one for spring. :)  

SPRING

springtime
how fresh and peaceful
new and uplifting and graceful

it is white sheets on laundry lines
billowing like windblown vines

it is bouquets of blossoming flowers
petals wet from mid-morning showers

it is baby animals opening their eyes
birds' and bunnies' first cries

it is green trees and meadows of grass
water in brooks falls like shards of glass

it is kite tails and butterflies
rising higher through blue skies

thus ends winter's strife
here comes the joyful renewal of life
springtime

I almost forgot! Today is someone very special's birthday...No, not Justin Bieber. Don't be silly! It's Ron Weasley's birthday! Happy birthday to him! :D  Hope your first day of March was spectacular! {Whoa, that is a lot of exclamation points there.}

~Starr 

P.S. This is my forty-first post and as of this writing, I have forty-one followers. I love all of the universe's little coincidences. :)

6 comments:

  1. Bonjour March and aurevoir February.
    ~Caelen

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend is a HUGE Justin Bieber so she was talking about it all day, then at the end of the day I said "I know someone who's birthday it is, and he helped save the world!" my friend not believing me said "who?" silly muggle, she didn't know Ron Weasley's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love. Love. Love your blog. it's my new fave. I'm following, I hope you'll follow back.
    xoxo
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this post. That poem is just the bee's knees {bees, spring, y'know?} and your new header is gorgeous and the desktop wallpaper is so spring-like and oh, I just love it all. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Ron! Your new header is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your blog! :D I found you on Katie's blog. :) I'm following you (and that's huge... because I've pretty much stopped following new blogs. :)

    xx,
    Bleah Briann @ blonde4christ.blog

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.