Monday, April 23, 2012

i have sophisticated taste in literature

Sometimes, all that Kafka and Camus we read in school really gets to me and I just need some junk food for my brain, you know? I have found the perfect solution in Gossip Girl. My friend lent me the first few books and I've slowly been making my way through it. Here are some choice quotes from the first book that I feel most exemplify the excellence of this series. I purposefully omitted all the inappropriate ones, because otherwise this list would be way too long. I have also provided for your pleasure some intelligent commentary from yours truly.

"He couldn't help looking hot, he was just born that way. Poor guy." That must really be hard.

"Suddenly Blair was starving, and she knew just what she wanted: A hot dog. She wanted one right now--a steaming hot Sabrette hot dog with mustard and ketchup and onions and sauerkraut--and she was going to eat it in three bites and then burp in her mother's face." Wait...what?

"When is dinner going to be ready? Blair wondered, tuning out her friends' ridiculous speculations." A girl after my own heart.

"There was a box of orange Tic Tacs in her pocket with only one Tic Tac left. Serena fished the TicTac out and put it on her tongue, but she was so worried about her future, she could barely taste it." WHAT SERENA NO I don't understand.

"What is a peregrine falcon anyway? Is it like a woodpecker?" Exactly.

This book is so quality, you guys. I can't wait for the next one: All I Want Is Everything. I can already relate to it.

P.S. Sometimes even I can't tell when I'm being serious.

4 comments:

  1. I've got to admit that Gossip Girl is my guilty little secret.
    It looks so out of my place on my bookshelf but they are catchy!

    http://the-makingofthings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah, this totally cracked me up. you can't beat good literature once you've actually read it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's terrible but I love the TV show. I've read, like, one book because there's only one in my local library and I'm not buying them and there is no way I'm ordering them from the county-wide system. Not happening.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.