Monday, July 25, 2011

swelter

It is so hot, you guys. I know, it's hot pretty much everywhere. But it's really hot here. I walk outside to take pictures and I am sweating after two minutes. I kid you not. NOT FUN.

iced tea is lovely on hot summer days
There's nothing to do except stay inside all day and read depressing dystopian* novels and watch funny YouTube videos. And listen to the same songs over and over (this one for something somber, this one for a private dance party). Seriously. I have zero creative energies. I wrote a poem this morning but after that I felt burned out. Too much work will do that to you. I'm just feeling really...meh right now. This too shall pass, I'm sure, but until then... I'll be staring at my computer screen like a zombie. Or maybe staring at my pillow. I do need some sleep.

I think it's good I'm going to be traveling on Saturday. It's just the sort of thing I need to get out of this rut. And of course, I'm excited to see my cousins. The last time I saw them was February/March. The only thing I'm not excited about is the fact that is that the weather is going to be equally uncomfortable. Oh, well, it's that time of year -- you can't escape it.

Oh yeah, speaking of that.

EDIT: I have enough! Thank you.

Announcement: I'm going to be out of town for a week starting Saturday so I'm looking for a few guest posters to fill in for me. I just need one or two more, so if you're interested please email me. Much appreciated!

-Kendall

*Excuse me, Blogger, since when is this not a word? THIS IS A WORD.

9 comments:

  1. I'm going to email you right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh what book are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why??
    Cuz I just sent you an email:)
    Have a great night, and yes. It is "oppressively" hot:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH, I WANNA DO A GUEST POST. You might kill me though. You've seen my writing style. If often comes in the form of rants. :P

    Also, I loooove that you linked to Summer of '09. That's actually one of my favorite All Caps songs. The dance party at the concert for that song was fun (I'm happy you actually started dancing :P) and Luke was like 2 whole feet away from me. It was cool.

    Also, Luke and Kristina broke up! I knew already, but I just found it confirmed by a Jason Munday tweet in the comments of his new video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's actually kind of cold here. And grey. And miserable. It should get sunny soon though, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love iced tea, especially on a hot day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie: I just finished Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky and now I'm reading Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I followed a link to here from someone's blog...First off i love the pic of the iced tea. Of course in Australia right now we're drinking hot chocolates as its our winter! Brrr! We even have snow on the mountains! Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post :) Thanks for your comment! Now following. <3
    -Rachel Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.