Friday, July 22, 2011

c'est la vie

(alternatively titled: In which I am so tired of thinking of a title that I just go for something really cliche and overused in a different language that doesn't really have anything to do with the real post. Oh wait, I do that all the time. Carry on, little elves.)

For once, I have lots of words drumming about in this head of mine. We'll see where this takes us, eh?

What have I been up to? In the mornings, my writing camp, where we read and write and share, basically. On Wednesday we took a field trip to a museum, which was...quiet. I appreciated that. (Speaking of writing, thank you for all your kind comments on my last post. Really, you are too nice.) And in the afternoons, I helped out with my mom's camp, which involved lots of little kids. I sure missed hearing really loud screaming and being climbed on! Aw, it's okay. Some of them were pretty cute. And athletic. Exhibit A:



Anyway, today was the last day of that. After everyone had gone and we were cleaning the place up, some lady from Chik-fil-A came by, handing out coupons. My mom's friend/co-teacher's daughter went nuts, like she had won a trip to Disneyworld, when in reality it was a free chicken sandwich. My sister started singing "Be Our Guest" from Beauty in the Beast, because that's what it said on the coupon. And I was like, oh hum, I should blog about this. Yeah, I dunno.

So, last night, I went to go see some musicians* from Youtube (the ConTour.) It's really weird meeting people who you've only seen in videos or read blog posts by. It's different from meeting like, famous people, because these people seem more...normal and it feels like you know them. But you don't, and it's kinda awkward but still fun. Even though: it was blazing hot inside, the venue had double-booked them with some screaming men in white jumpsuits so it got off to a late start, and, of all things, the power went out suddenly, mid-song. But the show must go on, so it did, in the parking lot. It was still cool (well, not literally. Literally it was like 100 degrees out...but I'm glad my friend dragged me along).

Younger Sister Numero Dos is home from Girl Scout camp today, after being gone all week. I am mainly excited about this because it means I get to go see Harry Potter again I love my sister so much. I am also excited today because of some wonderful emails and the thing that I mentioned I was excited about earlier but that hasn't actually come yet so I don't want to disclose its identity. I'm pretty sure I just butchered about forty grammar rules there, but whatever.

Also, today there have been backhoes and trackhoes and all sorts of construction vehicles and police cars (I don't know, either) in front of my house (it's a very happening spot, you guys) but NO UPS TRUCK, which is all I really want. *sigh*

Hope your weekend is terrific! I'm off to get some pizza. Ciao!

-Kendall

*That word is very hard to spell. And yes, it was definitely completely necessary to make a footnote to tell you that.

3 comments:

  1. I love how random this post is! =) We all need a random post from time to time. <3 It's about time I wrote one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know what to say except... you write random very well. And 'carry on, little elves' might be my new catchphrase... if it's not totally weird for me to have a catchphrase.
    It is, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.