Monday, June 13, 2011

the sea and me (hawaii part two).

This is my one hundredth post! If I was at home, I'd try to do something extra-special to celebrate but as it is, I think this is okay. ;)


There's something about the sea. It can be so beautiful and peaceful and so powerful and strong. The lapping waves can meet the shore softly, or they can crash against the rocks fiercely. The water is so full of polar opposites but at the end of the day I can't help admiring it.

We've gone to the beach a few times since we got here. The first time was early Saturday, in the quiet fog of the morning. It was pretty vacant, not crowded at all. It wasn't like I'd imagined the beaches--full of rainbow umbrellas and frolicking children and surfers. But it was nice, in a simple way. Just the sand and the sea and the mountains peeking out from behind the clouds.



We found some shells, too.
Then, yesterday, we went to a different beach in the afternoon. The sun, which has played hide-and-seek the whole time we've been here, teased us with warm rays for a bit, but despite that, it was still cold. I read from my book while shivering under the weight of two towels. And then, I at least tried to boogie board. The waves weren't very big, though, so I mostly just drifted along by myself.

I love the beach and all the little things about it: the squishy sand on barefeet, the sound of the waves, seeing fish swim by, etc. etc. 

That's about all for now, folks! Have a great Monday. :)

-Kendall

12 comments:

  1. Okay. I really want to go to Hawaii now. :) And I miss the ocean!! I haven't seen an ocean (other than from the plane) in so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! i love that place eve, tho ive never been there! :P
    lol
    but my parents went there for there honey moon! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so pretty! I love going to beaches in the early morning and just staring out to sea. It's so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this makes me want to be in Hawaii again.. oh Hawaii <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had heaps of fun on the beach. Thx for leaving a comment on my blog! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you are having a beautiful time, Kendall. Thanks for taking the time to share these little snippets from your trip with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures really just put me in such a calm mood! Ahh, no wonder hawaiians are so chill ^_~ The beaches look gorgeous! Hope you're having a good trip :)
    -Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  8. When do you get back from Hawaii???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now THAT'S a vacation! you captured hawaii so well- i could almost feel the breeze, the monotonous clash of the waves, and the wonderful, humid smell of the beach. thanks for sharing.



    ♥florecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, I just love the beach! The calmness of the sea is just beautiful.

    Hawaii looks so pretty. I would love to visit there one day. It would be wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what pretty photos. i love the beach! i'm happy to be a new follower. i look forward to more!

    hope

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous: I get back this Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.