Friday, May 06, 2011

my favorite things // may

Some things I'm loving this month. Note: none of the photos are mine. Click on the picture or the link below it for the source. :)


-fishtail braids. 

fishtail braid



I still can't get the hang of them after countless online tutorials in addition to my friend showing me (yeah, I fail. Shut up), but they're so pretty.


-these quotes.


"People aren't either wicked or noble. They're like chef's salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict." 
 Lemony Snicket 



"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats." 
— Lemony Snicket 


Lemony Snicket is awesome. See more of his quotes here. They are quite amusing but also quite true. 

-fadingfreckles' photos.







So lovely. I think she had a blog, too, but I can't find it. :(

-treehouses.

Tree House



Can I please just live in a treehouse? I have always wanted one. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they are not deprived of such a wondrous hiding/reading/playing place. ;)

-this print.


{via}
It speaks the truth. ;) On that note, I think I'm going to go have some ice cream...


Happy, happy, happy Friday, dears! :)


-Kendall

9 comments:

  1. mmm, yes. ice cream is the equivalent of happiness. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had some ice cream right before I read this post. I need more now. ^_^

    ~Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. We only have 'normal' icecream in the house {I'm lactose intolerant & eat a dairy-free ice cream or a weird frozen yoghurt sorbet kind of thing} and it tastes so good and I can't eat it... So it's a happy/sad feeling.
    And fadingfreckles is now my new Flickr obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I love fishtail braids :) Those pictures are so pretty!!!
    I absolutely love the way Lemony Snicket writes :) Tree houses are amazing! except when it's filled with old junk like broken sewing machines and dvd players {like mine is. crazy brothers trying to make a rocketship.} That quote could also apply to converse :)
    -charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved these pics, especially the treehouses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever since watching Swiss Family Robinson as a young child, I've dreamed of living in the tree houses.. it would be absolutely wonderful. I have a son and I hope I can provide him with having a cool tree house one day.:)

    Btw, thank you so much for your kind words on my blog.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for visit our blog :)

    I love that tree house!!
    And I have tried and tried but can't get a fishtail braid to look right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that treehouse is INSANE!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it weird that one of the first things I did when I got my Pinterest account, was type in 'treehouse'? I will live in one some day. :)

    And, I really love fishtail braids, but after countless attempts, I've realized that I don't have the patience. Or skills.

    Have a wonderful day, Kendall.

    PS. I just wanted to say thank-you again for the Pinterest invite, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.