Saturday, May 21, 2011

a lazy saturday.

"Oh, let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France,
let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance."
Ingrid Michaelson, You and I

So I spent a majority of my morning playing that song on my guitar, with music printed out from the internet (oh, what would I do without it?). It's pretty simple; all chords I know, and the only one that gives me difficulty is the bar in the F, which I, um, don't do. Anyway. It's fun playing real songs that weren't written by classical composers who died two centuries ago.


Yay for self-time successes.
And since we're on the topic of music: these are my favorite songs right now. (Bee-tee-dubs, got any recommendations for music? I'm always open to suggestions.) 


skinny love // wake up // call it off // back in your head // to be alone with you* (& also various Glee songs)


In other news, today has been pretty boring. The weather is still gross; it's like stepping into a sauna every time I go outside. Bleh. I was thinking about riding my bike or something but the sun is still hiding and the humidity is stifling. I think I'll stay in, thanks.

So I decided to make a cake as something to do indoors. I wanted to bake a lemon cake but I couldn't find a good recipe anywhere, so I settled on some cookies. They were pretty easy to make and if the batter is any indication, they'll be delicious. :) I'll show pictures later.

Oh, by the way, you probably noticed that I switched out the header to something that I think is a little more summery and changed some of the colors. What do you think? Well, have a great rest-of-your-weekend!

-Kendall


*Yes, I know, I already shared this but it's just so beautiful.

7 comments:

  1. love that picture ! :) i love guitar :D wish I knew how to play ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self timers are the best! I love this picture. The new header is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 'Skinny Love' and 'To Be Alone With You'. And of course, 'You and I'. Chloe and I heard it playing in a Chapters book store today, and we got a few odd stares, because we may or may not have been dancing & singing along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a coincidence, I had a lazy Saturday, too! You play guitar, too? That's awesome! {You may have heard of it, but for chords I go to ultimateguitar.com, it's a big help, haha! :)}
    And I love the new header! Perfect for summer! :)
    -Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely header! And I can't play guitar but a couple of my friends do, and we spend our music lessons singing Taylor Swift & Paloma Faith songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found a guitar when I was helping to clear out our summer house over the weekend and I have high hopes of actually trying to teach myself a few basics on it once my exams are out of the way. Great header.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo! I usually hand my camera to my mom and have her take some shots of me -- ha! And I've always wanted to take guitar.

    Have a lovely day!
    --Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.