Friday, August 26, 2011

fridays, fall, and football.

Well, it's finally Friday. This week crept by so slowly. I can't believe we've only been in school for five days; it seems like ages. And yet, it's still August! This is like the single longest month of the entire year, I swear. IT IS SO LONG.


Fridays make me jump for joy! Technically, I took this yesterday, but that doesn't discredit the fact that I am extremely happy it is the weekend.

Fall. I'm 100% ready for autumn now. I wish it was October, for several reasons, including, but not limited to:

-Halloween. It has pretty much always been my favorite holiday. I love going to pick out a pumpkin, shopping in costume & craft stores, stuffing myself with candy. I even did an entire research paper on Halloween in eighth grade, haha.

-Pottermore. I was out of town during the registration thing -- seriously, they picked the one week I didn't have regular access to a computer. I hate hearing everyone talking about something and knowing I can't take part in it yet. Especially when there are people with access who aren't even big Harry Potter fans and I'm just sitting here humming "I Believe in Nargles". ...Anyway.

-I may do something exciting in October, if plans go accordingly, i.e. how I want them to. Fingers crossed. It's a secret though, because a) it's still tentative, b) I'm evil and c) you don't even care. :)

-Namely, though, I want the cooler weather. I'm so so so tired of this 100 degree weather, and I'm sure everyone else is tired of hearing me (and the rest of the state) complaining about it. But seriously. Is it too much to ask to want to walk four blocks home without sweating? *sigh* Also, rain. I'm just waiting for it to start pouring and not stop for a week. It has to happen some time...right?


Tonight is our school's first football game of the season. Living in Texas, football is kind of a big deal. I mean, I don't even really know what's going on half the time, but it's the tradition and stuff that makes it fun. Winning makes it more fun, though. I don't think we'll win tonight. But. We will see.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My sister's friends invited her to go to their lake house for Labor Day weekend. Why the heck don't my friends have lake houses?!?

Life is so unfair sometimes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also, I'm probably not going to be posting as much as I did in the summer now that school's started up again. I'll still be here as long as I'm alive though. So, uh, yeah.

Happy Weekend!

Kendall

5 comments:

  1. haha your toms on in the first shot made me smile. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, but today I was talking to my friend about how it was only the first full week of school, but it feels like summer was forever ago. Except for the heat; I know what you mean about that. I don't think I've ever been more excited for cold weather. Good luck with the new school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i feel the same way about my friends not having lake houses.
    my sister went to florida with her friends last month and my friends didn't invite me to do anything.

    have fun at the football gamee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the jumping for joy! And the same thing happened to me with Pottermore - urgh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually looking forward to school starting. I've only seen two friends this summer, and I'm also really looking forward to Autumn, although we've got cool weater today.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.