Wednesday, September 07, 2011

labor day weekend.

Better late than never, eh?

Here are some pictures from this weekend.





Sunday night, we went to listen to some music outdoors. I brought my camera because I wanted to take pictures, but there were so many people and I felt kind of weird just taking pictures of strangers.

It made me think of this quote I'd found:

"Do you ever look at a picture of yourself and see a stranger in the background? Makes you wonder how many strangers have pictures of you. How many moments of other people’s lives have we been in? Were we a part of someone’s life when their dreams came true? Or were we there when their dreams died? Did we keep trying to get in as is if we were somehow destined to be there? Or did the shot take us by surprise? Just think. You could be a big part of someone else’s life and not even know it."— Lucas Scott 


Then, Monday, the most delightful thing happened. I woke up and...IT WAS COOL. We had all the windows open and it was heavenly. I love autumn. Well, the little disconnected bits of it we get.

Alas, it's 96 today. And super dry. Those two are not a terrific combination. Have you heard about those wildfires in Texas? Some of them were pretty nearby, and while my town is okay, it's still pretty scary. There are tons of people who've lost their homes.

DEAR MOTHER NATURE JUST MAKE IT RAIN ALREADY SO I CAN TURN OFF CAPS LOCK OKAY THANKS BYE.

(And that's your daily weather update!)

Kendall

9 comments:

  1. I really can't wait summer is gone!!!!!! I can't wait until I can wear winter cloths!!!!

    littledovehappyflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! Thanks for stopping by our blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the fresh strawberries - Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, really neat quote! I really love your blog. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quote is just spot-on. And we've got coldness here, and we had a ton of rain too. Oh, and wind. Apparently blown over from Irene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog, Kendall! And the strawberry photo. Hope you'll stop by my blog sometime.

    Hope
    hope-hisforhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovelove the second one from the bottom, and second one from the top!

    v. glad i've stumbled upon your blog. :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.