Saturday, December 03, 2011

oh, december.

Here comes the feeling you thought you'd forgotten.

It's December. That time of the year again. I don't really know what to think about that -- there hasn't been much time to just sit and ponder. School is extremely demanding. NaNo was demanding, but now it's over, thank goodness. And sometimes I pretend like I have a social life, and that's demanding, too. Basically, I haven't gone to sleep before eleven o'clock since, like, I don't even know. Freaking sleep debt. I slept in until 10:15 this morning, though. That felt nice.

The trees look they're caught in between fall and winter, and it's kind of been drizzling all day. The weather is confused, and so am I. About a lot of things. What else is new?

I kind of miss soccer now that the season's over and I kind of miss summer. It's like a constant longing, a constant nostalgia, not just for the past but for the future, too. For something different.

Most of all, though, I feel like everything I say is so insignificant and so I keep trying to rearrange the words into something that will make people want to listen and it's just making me crazy. I mean that in so many different ways: in my writing, in my blog posts, in 'real life'. I just feel so not eloquent and so not interesting. And I just, I don't know. I want people to know that I care, you know? But I've never been good at that.

Anyway, now we've got that out of our system, let's listen to some happy songs and talk about Christmas, because no matter what your mood, you can't not love Christmas! Well, unless, you're Jewish or something, but stop making my argument invalid.

Last night, we decorated the Christmas tree. Magic.


There has never been a truer ornament. (We also have, for the benefit of my younger sisters, ones that say the same thing about the middle child and the youngest. But we all know the truth. ;)

Despite all of my hesitations, I'm still excited for the holidays. Happy December!

Kendall

P.S. I deleted all my pages because I wanted to simplify, but if you click on my profile on the side, you can read more about me and see the blogs I follow. It's pretty much the same thing, just all in one place. :)

9 comments:

  1. beautiful post. *love* the starbucks ornament. :)
    jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. well. this -the confusion, the searching for the right words, the exhaustion and the looking forward to time off- describes these last few months perfectly. I'm so ready for a break, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that starbucks cup ornament is absolutely adorable! love it! and I completely know what you mean about school being demanding and our pretend social lives being demanding too. there really isn't time for it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i *love* the first collage!
    like...love love it.

    this-real-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1st and 5th paragraph explains me.
    Gorgeous photos, they're so inspiring; especially the first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Starbucks ornament :)
    and the BOKEH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love those first photos with the lights and the bokeh. ♥ and your words are beautiful. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the bokeh! you're blog is lovely... i'm christina, we seem to like a lot of the same things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that a starbucks cup ornament I see?! Ah, i think i'm in love! ;) Beautiful photos and words!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.