Monday, June 18, 2012

things

I'm always moderately pleased with myself when I manage to come up with concise yet eloquent post titles in a timely manner. I think I've really outdone myself this time. I'm sure you all agree.

Let's talk about things I've done since we last visited! It will be like catching up with an old friend! Except I am a mere child so I don't have any 'old' friends, only old relatives and I'm not in the mood to go through all that "you have grown so much!" stuff. Yeah, I know I'm tall. Does it threaten you? Because I feel threatened by people who are taller than me. Feeling short is one of the worst feelings. It's right up there with loneliness and guilt.

Okay, well, on Friday I made these chipotle grilled tofu tostadas for dinner and I did it pretty much all by myself which made me proud. But anyway they were delicious and spicy and it would be a lot more convincing if I had pictures, but I haven't been taking many pictures lately.

Saturday I actually hung out with some of my friends (I know, right?) and we went to the Cheesecake Factory for cheesecake. I've never actually been there, but it was pretty fancy. I mean, like, compared to Sonic. Anyway, cheesecake was delicious and bread is free and it was fun to see people before I leave.

Also, I saw Moonrise Kingdom with my dad on Father's Day and it was really beautiful and I want to live there, okay.

I went to the library today but I only managed to find three books, one of which I've already read, so that was disappointing. Then I came home and read through someone's entire Twitter feed (not that that's the first time I've ever done that...). Wow, I'm like exactly what people hate about my generation, aren't I?

I also visited H-E-B for the third time in the past week, which is way more than I have been in the entire past year, no joke. I have found so many interesting things about grocery stores that I could probably write a whole post on it. Maybe I will...

On Wednesday, I leave for Spaaaaaaiiin. Eleven hours in a plane, here I come! Holla. I'm pretty excited as it will be my first trip to Europe in more than ten years (so basically the first one I remember), although I must admit the idea of being without a computer for ten days makes me slightly apprehensive. Whatevs; I'll deal. Y'all don't have too much fun without me, ya hear?

...And that's what you missed on Glee.

Wow, this was a really awful post; I'm sorry. Leaving you now. See you when I get home!*

*Unless I decide to schedule a post or two. Which I might. Depending on my level of motivation. Never can tell with these things.

5 comments:

  1. SPAIN! Lucky girl! Loved this post and all it's ramblings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take beaucoup de pictures in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear, every post you write has me cracking up. Have fun in Spain, and TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES. (Yes, that was necessary.) :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guess what I'm reading your blog at 5 am when I should be sleeping or studying like I intended (really the first, but I've already had my cupajoe so it's too late now). Please take me with you to Spain! I'm a little over the weight limit for carry on bags by like 55-60 pounds but it'll be fiiine. Or you can dress me up as a dog and get me put in a crate.

    Also, I wish I was short. I love feeling short. I love hugging tall people. Do you ever feel like you're in the wrong body or something? Because I'm totally supposed to be one of those tiny girls that are like 5'3" and a size tiny and I could be carried around by anyone but I'd still have four people carrying a chair for me. Or an elephant. A horse size elephant!

    ...Okay I'm done. It's 5 am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. :] spain? akahjshkjfns! take me with you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.