I'm definitely not on top of all my schoolwork, I haven't been running in a week, I don't have nearly enough volunteer hours for NHS yet, I haven't been to youth group for the past two weeks, my progress on NaNoWriMo is a complete joke, I haven't practiced guitar as much as I should have, it feels like ages since I've blogged, and I sure haven't been sleeping a ton, either. You know that triangle that's like, "good grades, social life, and sleep, pick any two"? Well, I guess if you add it all up I have maybe one total. So, uh, there's that.
Such is this time of year.
But it's not like I've been doing nothing. Here are some things that have happened since November started almost a week ago:
- I have eaten an inordinate amount of sweets, mostly candy from Halloween.
- I went to a Regina Spektor concert last night (!). It was amazing, as is to be expected.
- I have written almost 5,000 words of a novel, after completely scrapping the first idea (but leaving the words, because I did write them and I want them to count) and starting over three days in.
- I have celebrated Dia de Los Muertos with an altar and Mexican food in the library and the most bothersome face makeup that took forever to get off, and I have celebrated my friend's seventeenth birthday with caramel apple cider (autumn in a cup) on the way to school and lots of sweets at lunch, as per tradition.
- I have continued to listen to far too much Taylor Swift and procrastinate on the internet far too much. (See: right now.)
How's your life?
Hopefully I'll be back soon with more coherent thoughts and such. But right now, with a million other things on my plate, this is all ya get. Peace out, girl scouts.