Tuesday, November 06, 2012

no sleep november?

Today my friend and I were talking and she mentioned that she was only ahead on volunteer work and APUSH work and was behind on everything else. And I was like, what am I ahead on? Nothing. I'm literally behind on everything.

I'm definitely not on top of all my schoolwork, I haven't been running in a week, I don't have nearly enough volunteer hours for NHS yet, I haven't been to youth group for the past two weeks, my progress on NaNoWriMo is a complete joke, I haven't practiced guitar as much as I should have, it feels like ages since I've blogged, and I sure haven't been sleeping a ton, either. You know that triangle that's like, "good grades, social life, and sleep, pick any two"? Well, I guess if you add it all up I have maybe one total. So, uh, there's that.

Such is this time of year.

But it's not like I've been doing nothing. Here are some things that have happened since November started almost a week ago:

  • I have eaten an inordinate amount of sweets, mostly candy from Halloween.
  • I went to a Regina Spektor concert last night (!). It was amazing, as is to be expected.
  • I have written almost 5,000 words of a novel, after completely scrapping the first idea (but leaving the words, because I did write them and I want them to count) and starting over three days in.
  • I have celebrated Dia de Los Muertos with an altar and Mexican food in the library and the most bothersome face makeup that took forever to get off, and I have celebrated my friend's seventeenth birthday with caramel apple cider (autumn in a cup) on the way to school and lots of sweets at lunch, as per tradition.
  • I have continued to listen to far too much Taylor Swift and procrastinate on the internet far too much. (See: right now.)
And now I'm watching the election results trickle in, a little anxious and a little excited.

How's your life?

Hopefully I'll be back soon with more coherent thoughts and such. But right now, with a million other things on my plate, this is all ya get. Peace out, girl scouts.

3 comments:

  1. I wondered for a moment if it was possible for a CD to break from being played too often.
    T Swizzle is actually playing write now.
    I am behind on everything too, and reading blogs instead of doing anything. So at least that makes two of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know how you feel. but, i feel bad reading this right now, because i'm pretty much on top of everything right now. school is finishing up swimmingly, the rest of my room decorations on hand have *finally* been put up, the books on my bookshelf are slowly but surely getting read (that's a big pet peeve of mine - books on a shelf that have not been read), and overall, life is goooood. don't worry, k, you'll get ahead in no time. we all go through slugs of feeling uber-behind. mine is probably coming up soon. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweets= YES! Taylor Swift, her songs are so catchy... I know, I think I'm behind in like all of my school too. It's frustrating!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you. Be nice.